Au Pair / Nanny Programme Costs & Salary Including Benefits!
How much does it cost to take part in the Au Pair in Australia programme?
THE AU PAIR IN AUSTRALIA PROGRAMME COSTS JUST £755!!!
This price does NOT include flights or visa costs but IT DOES include a weekly salary of up to $290 AUD, 6 months food and accommodation and much, much more...
Our package includes help and support throughout your entire stay. From the moment you book & apply, until the time comes for you to return home - our team is there for you every step of the way! With dedicated staff in the UK & US to help with all your pre-departure needs; like application help, visa support and flight quotes, and an office in Sydney who are on hand to help you whilst you're in Australia, you can rest assured that everything is taken care of and a guaranteed job is waiting for you before you even set foot on the plane!
WHAT YOU GET BEFORE YOU LEAVE...
Before you depart you can expect the following benefits...
- A dedicated team to help you through your application process
- A face-to-face interview with one of our team (travel costs NOT included)
- Assistance with your Australian Working Holiday Visa Subclass 417 or 462
- Your profile displayed on our Au Pair in Australia online matching system, so you can be viewed by hundreds of families across the whole of Australia
- Help finding that your perfect host family. Our team will coordinate Skype/telephone interviews, in order to find your ideal match
- Return flight quotes to Australia, including stop-over's at destinations like Bangkok , LA, and Singapore
- Cancellation Insurance up to the value of €2,500.00
WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU ARRIVE...
As soon as you arrive into Sydney you can expect the following...
- An airport meet and greet and transfer to your hostel
- 3 night’s stay in a central Sydney hostel. It’s located just a short walk away from our Sydney office. With dormitory style accommodation based on an average of 4-6 sharing, it’s a great opportunity to make some new friends. Plus breakfast is included – yum!
- A 2 day Au Pair orientation telling you everything you need to know about your placement. It's also a great time to meet other Au Pairs who are in exactly the same position as you!
- 7 months comprehensive medical and baggage insurance
- Travel from Sydney to your host families home. Some families will pick you up from the hostel or office, others will pay for your travel expenses and expect you to make your own way there. Either way, you’ll know these travel plans before you depart!
- Free Sydney walking tours every Friday, so you can explore what Sydney has to offer before heading to your host family
- Help setting up a bank account in Australia, so you’re ready to start receiving those pay checks (kerr-ching!)
- An exclusive VIP card, giving you heaps of discounts and special offers
- A free Phone card with a choice of 4 different pre-paid plans
- An Au Pair in Australia handbook that’s chock-a-block full of information about the programme and what to expect
- A weekly salary of up to $290 AUD per week and an end of placement bonus of $500 AUD. That's about $1,080 AUD per month and nearly $7,000 for your 6 month placement including your bonus! BONZA!
- A minimum of one full and one half day off per week. That's about 6 days per month and 36 days off during your placement!
- 24-hour emergency assistance throughout your ENTIRE placement including your own dedicated Au Pair Counsellor
ONCE YOU START YOUR PLACEMENT
As explained above, you will have a dedicated Au Pair Counsellor who is there to support you throughout your placement!
The office will also be on hand to:
- contact you within 72 hours after your Au Pair placement starts to make sure that you are getting on ok and answer any questions you might have
- put you in contact with other Au Pairs in your area, so you can start meeting other young people on the programme!
- contact you within 2 weeks of your start date and then every month thereafter to see how you are getting on and check that you are happy with your placement
HELP AFTER YOUR PLACEMENT!
Au Pair in Australia is a placement option on the GET Australia programme. GET Australia is an arrivals package for people who want to work and travel in Australia and after your placement you will be given the option to book onto one of our GET Australia packages.
By applying to work as an Au Pair in Australia your first 6 months will be taken care of, as you will have already secured a nanny job in Australia before departing. As part of the Australian Working Holiday Visa you can live and work in Australia for up to 12 months, but you are only able to work with the same employer for no more than 6 months. So after your Au Pair placement ends you can chose to either Au Pair for a new family, OR if you wanted to do something different, book onto a GET Australia package and take advantage of our other GET Australia jobs.
If you book onto a GET Australia package you will be given access to our members only job-site where you can search for the latest vacancies in your chosen employment and filter by region. GET Australia work exclusively with companies across Australia and offer a wide range of jobs; from backpacker jobs like hospitality and fruit picking, to teaching jobs and construction work - our team will be on hand to help you find a suitable job after your Au Pair placements ends!
If you would prefer to just do some travelling after your Au Pair placement, our GET Australia packages can help with that too! You can pop into our Sydney office and book some time with our travel desk who will be on hand to help organise your travel. With heaps of amazing trips and excursions, voluntary projects and surf schools – your after placement travel options are endless!
Other costs to consider...
Your Visa – Currently $440 AUD (that's about £240)!
To be an Au Pair in Australia you need a Australian Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417 & 462). This currently costs $440 AUD, although prices are subject to change. You will be required to pay this when you complete your visa application online. The online application is really straight forward and easy to get, plus you can do it all from the comfort of your own home. For more information visit GET Australia visa help.
Your Flights - Currently about £800 - £1100 for a flexible return ticket!
To fly from the UK or US to Sydney you can generally expect to pay between £800 and £1100 for a return ticket. You will need to book your own flight, however we can take away the hassle of searching the web and provide you with fantastic quotes from our trusted travel partner. We are able to secure prices from a variety of different airlines and we also offer the option of upgrading to a flexible return ticket for as little as £59! If you upgrade to this ticket you can change your return flight date up to 3 times without charge once you are out in Australia, which is great if your plans keep changing. Contact us today for a flight quote!
Criminal Record Check (CRB) – Up to £45!
As you will be working with children, you are required to complete and pass a Criminal Record Check (CRB). At the moment this costs £44 for applicants from England, Wales & Northern Ireland and £45 for applicants from Scotland. If you have a current CRB that is dated within the last 12 months please bring it to your interview as we may be able to use it. If your current CRB is not suitable or you need to apply for one you will able to complete the relevant paperwork at your interview, so please bring a form of ID such as your passport, driving licence or original birth certificate.
Working With Children Check (WWCC) - $80 AUD!
It is a requirement in Australia that anyone caring for a child must apply for and hold a Working With Children Check. You will complete the short online form before you arrive in Australia and pay the $80 AUD after your orientation in Sydney.
Medical and Health History From - please contact your local GP for cost implications!
In order to become an Au Pair in Australia we need your GP to confirm that you meet our basic medical requirements. This will include details of your medical history and immunisations. Some medical centres will charge for this service, so check with your GP beforehand.
Please note: any travel costs your may incur obtain any of the above is at your own expense!
Au Pair in Australia is part of the GET Australia programme!